Purchasing Manager – Beverages and Snacks
IPC Europe is an independent non-profit making organisation owned by Subway® Franchisees in Europe. As well as the purchasing, management and supply of Subway® approved food, packaging and equipment, we provide a wide range of support and commercial services and technology solutions, such as Wifi, utilities, insurance, in-store radio and much more.
Formed in 2001, IPC Europe was set up to enable Subway® Franchisees to benefit from the discounts that come from purchasing and supplying products in large volumes. Today we manage over £1.5 billion worth of contracts on behalf of the 5400+ Subway® restaurants in Europe.
We are passionate about helping Subway® Franchisees be more profitable and competitive – today and for the future.
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, team spirited individual to join IPC Europe as Purchasing Manager for Beverages and Snacks.
The Purchasing Manager`s role is to support the delivery of agreed global and local strategies, projects and deals on categories which are in line with strategic purchasing goals of IPC and The Brand across Europe.
This role would suit someone who has previous purchasing experience specifically in beverages and/or snacks, with direct supplier/category responsibility who possesses a hands-on approach with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues and problems. The successful candidate will have the ability to operate effectively within a flexible, fast-paced, small business environment. There is a need for strong commercial acumen in this role so it could also suit someone from an account manager background who has experience within a beverages/snack’s environment.
Tasks at a glance
- Negotiate beverage and snack deals for member and associate markets
- Manage relationships with suppliers across Europe
- Work closely with Subway® Global R&D, Legal and Beverage Category team
- Sourcing NPD items and working closely with the Product Management team to make sure they are delivered on time and within budget (when required)
- Work with Subway® technical team, Asst purchasing manager and supplier base to make sure there is accurate allergen, ingredient and nutritional information across all items
- Working as part of a cross-functional team to ensure correct prioritization of projects to ensure overall department and company objectives are met
- Managing and delivering value adding activity in the beverage and snacks category
- Managing long-term supplier improvement and relationship management
- Conducting regular visits to markets with suppliers to become a category export
- Supporting the Senior Purchasing Manager on other projects as required
- Building relationships and strengthening communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Source, introduce and manage a range of suppliers in Europe and Globally
We are based in High Wycombe, with superb public transport links, walking distance to the Bus and Train Stations, we also provide onsite parking for staff.
What we offer in return
- A collaborative, fun, friendly environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent training and development programme
- Opportunities for career development