First Achieve are working closely with a successful Food Manufacturer that supplies retail and food services who have just moved into a brand-new purpose-built factory in the West of London. Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and passionate NPD Technologist to join the team due to the growth of the business.
Our client is looking for someone who is: -
- Degree qualified in Food Science or a similar subject
- A creative edge, a passion to develop new products and ideas.
- Understanding of flavors and creative in the kitchen
- Strong communication and presenting skills are essential for this role
- Second or Third role in NPD
- Time management and Project Management skills.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Manage the NPD delivery process from concept to launch making sure all the steps are completed and documented correctly.
- Prepare innovative product concepts in line with internal or customer briefs
- Understand the company's product portfolio and operational processes.
- Prepare/Co-ordinate product samples, kitchen samples and recipes
- Effectively transfer products from kitchen to factory, assist and co-ordinate factory trials and 1st production runs.
- Maintain Food Safety Standards, Health & Safety Standards and make sure all relevant documentation is accurate and maintained.
- Continuously review the market and maintain awareness of new, innovative ingredients, raw materials, suppliers and relevant market trends to ensure products remain current, good quality and 'first to the market'.
If you are an NPD Technologist who is looking for their 2nd, 3rd job this role will be perfect for you. The working hours will be Monday - Friday 8am - 4.30pm with flexibility for trials etc. The salary for this role will be between £25,000- £35,000 depending on experience. If this is something you would like to apply for, please send an up to date CV to Bethany, or if you would like to discuss the role further please call on 0141 816 0116