Production Line Leader
We are looking to appoint a Production Line Leader to contribute to the continued success of our client’s food manufacturing business based in West Yorkshire. Our client has an honest and open culture and are seeking an individual used to working in an energetic, fast-paced environment; someone who can keep calm under pressure, while being assertive and tenacious when dealing with issues. The company strives to deliver great quality and exceed their customers’ expectations, and this has resulted in building excellent customer relationships in this exciting, varied and dynamic chilled food category.
Reporting to the Production Leader, your primary responsibility will be to lead production on a designated flow line from prepping through the process to booking out so that a plan is achieved to standard, with 95% of time being spent on production floor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in conjunction with other departments to ensure all line teams are trained to standard and that skills are balanced across the lines.
- Improving the productivity, safety and quality of the line together with its surrounding environment to enable the business to achieve its objectives
- Setting a culture through your behaviour of process confirmation to maintain an audit standard environment
- Managing the day-to-day procedures aspects such as appraisals, Return to Work, holiday and disciplinary, and ensure they are performed in line with stated procedures and to timelines
Experience required for the role includes:
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing operations (preferably food related)
- A proven track record of managing/supervising teams
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Being IT literate with strong Microsoft skills
- Being well organised, able to work on own initiative, and having a practical approach to fault finding and problem solving
Working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm rotating weekly shifts and the starting salary is £30k increasing to £33,800 after 6 months.
If you have the relevant team management experience, are a confident communicator, and you are interested in working for a successful, growing food manufacturer with a complex portfolio of products and customers, then please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4398 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Apply for Production Line Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly