Down spoons for a second and meet the team behind the taste. We’re on a mission to blow the minds of pleasure seekers everywhere. Our job description is simply this: to transform each sweet moment into an explosion of pleasure.
Hard work? Not really.
To us, it’s a labour of love. A journey of joy. Every atom of cheesecake, mousse, molten middle, and soufflé is a little victory for us. Delicious, explosive victory. Ever since we first sneaked Gü onto the shelves of a local supermarket, we’ve been pouring our hearts into making these victories more widespread; from a little-known secret to a global taste phenomenon on the tongues of millions.
Today, from our London HQ to the sunny shores of Australia, we’re taking the world by storm. Food fanatics everywhere have entered a new dimension of deliciousness.
The fact is, we love our job. And you can taste it.
And now you have the opportunity to join us as we are looking to add a Senior NPD / Development Technologist to our team. Based in our new state of the art factory in Bishops Stortford, this is an excellent role working in partnership with the Bishops Stortford team, developing and controlling assigned product launches are safe, ensuring that they happen in a time efficient and seamless manner. This covers all aspects such as process paperwork, systems, packaging, quality, and training. Minimises operational impact and avoid launches are not at detriment to utilisation and OEE.
- To take product from concept to launch (Gate 1 to Gate 4)
- To own NPD/EPD projects, developing the product, scale-up, controlling the launch path, and ensuring products are safe and to the higher standard, stopped if they are likely to be unsuccessful from a food safety, quality or operational point of view
- Keep the Line Manager and the Tenchnical/Operational team closely informed of all launch progressions, product tastings, and development so that launches can be controlled correctly
- Prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs.
- Responsible for validation of costs (NPD/EPD)
- Interact with the Technical and Operations teams on quality issues, product faults and revisit them to improve the product or maintain a high quality standard
- Develop new processes where required, to improve efficiency and quality
- Interact with suppliers on quality issues and improve Gü’s final product
- Research and implement current consumer markets and latest technologies on manufacturing, quality control, and consistency
- Hold a Food Science or Food Technology Degree/HND, combined with a strong experience of product & process development
- Relevant food manufacturing knowledge/experience
- Demonstrated extensive practical factory operations and product development experience on trials and impact this will have on the critical path
- Experience gained within a technical department of a food manufacturer in the same or similar role
- Sound P&L experience of understanding costings related to launches
- Ability to demonstrate good IT skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Good organisational skills with the ability to plan and manage individual workload
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV in Word format quoting ref number 3049/169fmj.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.