A new opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager to lead a complex operation for a manufacturer based in Hampshire.
Reporting to the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for all day to day aspects of production including control of labour, materials and overheads despite variations in volume and revenue, ensuring high operational standards in line with all legislations.
- You will responsible for overseeing all activity on shift within the Production function to ensure our products are produced in line with customer requirements, whilst meeting our safety, cost and quality guidelines.
- To lead and develop a team of Section Supervisors to drive both individual and departmental performances.
- To meet all requirements in terms of legislation & company policy.
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture through employee engagement and communication.
- Leadership, management and continuous improvement of all areas and the employees working in them, resulting in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Managing the production operation ensuring targets are met whilst maximising productivity to deliver lowest unit cost of processing.
- Ensure line scheduling and labour allocation are optimised to fulfil customer requirements.
- Support Engineering function. Ensuring all process equipment is operational and maintained across the site.
- Support Technical function to ensure our products are produced in line with food safety standards
- Working with our equipment suppliers to develop our manufacturing systems.
- Champion learning and development, coach and increase managers/team leader’s ability.
- Developing good internal relationships with functional heads of departments to drive down cost and increase achievement against KPI’s/SLA’s and customer requirements
- Lead the cross functional teams to ensure all employees working in the functions are motivated and have the skills, capabilities and resources to meet the evolving business needs.
Ensure that the training and, development needs of your team are identified and addressed, and contribute generally to the development of an overall learning culture within the company.
- Production Team Leaders & Teams
- A seasoned and experienced Production Manager with sufficient gravitas to be a member of the site management team who has managed similar production & site operations
- A strong leader, with the confidence to be autonomous in a fast paced senior role
- Experienced gained from a FMCG environment, along with working knowledge of the food/retail industry
- Experience of continuous improvement in a Production environment
- Proven people management skills
Previous success in producing results in multifunctional teams
- Able to deal effectively with challenging situations
- Commercially astute
- Knowledge of H&S requirements in a Production environment
- NEBOSH qualified ( preferred )
- Ideally educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- ILM qualified
- Level 4 Advanced Food Safety & HACCP
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and experience of motivating teams
- The ability to prioritise own work priorities and be clearly objective driven
- Demonstrate a logical approach towards problem solving, identifying issues early with the ability and desire to identify opportunities for improvement and progress.
- Works well under pressure is self-motivated and has the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment. .
To register your interest please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org