Joining SAI’s Assurance business, we are looking for Food Service Auditors, based in Central London, to audit a variety of Food and Restaurant clients, including Fast Food chains, High Street Restaurants, and Commercial Food Venues on a zero-hours contract. For this position, we are looking for applicants who, ideally, have previous work experience in the Food Service industry, with some exposure to Food Safety, however, full-training can be provide by our experienced team.
As an Auditor, you will responsible for auditing some of the most well-known names on the UK high street against the appropriate food safety, hygiene, and inter-company standards. This is an important role in the fight to ensure food safety throughout the UK. In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates who are comfortable in a fast-paced, client-facing position. Additionally, due to the nature of the role (which will be on a flexible contract), access to own transport is essential and the role will involve both weekend and evening work. An overview of the main duties have been provided below:
- To carry out non-accredited audit programmes, based on company, brand and legal standards;
- To fully follow the Audit Brief for all audits undertaken, ensuring audit specific requirements are met;
- To deliver specific client training programmes and on-the-job coaching based on company, brand and legal standards, where required;
- To accurately complete all paperwork, hand held data capture forms and other documentation as required for each client audit/visit;
- To keep up to date with legal and technical developments in the areas of food safety, hygiene and quality;
- To provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to our clients.
Experience and Skillset required:
- Experience of working in a retail, restaurant, or food factory/processing environment alongside experience of being audited, or conducting audits, would be highly desirable;
- Level 2, 3 or Level 4 Food Safety qualification is advantageous;
- Level 2, 3 or Level 4 HACCP qualification is advantageous;
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety in a Restaurant/Food environment;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft;
- GSCEs, or equivalent, in Mathematics and English are essential.