Reporting to the Commercial Director, the individual will have responsibility for managing and leading the activities for one or more strategic accounts working at the highest levels of the internal and external organization.
- Full KPI and P & L responsibility
- Identify opportunities within the P & L internally and externally to lead the Commercial agenda
- Working alongside Commercial Finance to review P & L levers such as Foreign Exchange, Financial Models, Base product performance and NPD
- Cross-Functional Team ownership, accountability and behaviour setting
- Coordinate an internal team in developing and meeting value proposition of customer through cross-functional participation
- Manage relationships internally and externally across the international business, providing updates as applicable
- Operating a customer intimacy approach, identifying opportunities and relationships across customer
- Develop and grow opportunities in the Strategic Account Organisation that are consistent with EMEA Flavour Solutions capabilities and competencies
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Director to develop account strategy and interact with Internal Senior Leadership on progress
- Identify new opportunities through forward thinking strategy, market knowledge and understanding
- Facilitate and coordinate internal functional responses to service failures, issue resolution and commercialisation activities
- Maintain external awareness of markets, products, processes, competitors
- Present to customer on new trends, concepts and innovation
- Coordinate and participate in customer projects, consolidating cross-functionally; operations, supply chain, commercialisation etc
- Manages the activities and performance of the Account Managers in the team including Goal setting; performance appraisals and ensuring ongoing development of the team
- Play integral part in the Flavour Solutions Leadership Team, defining and building the regional talent agenda at EMEA level
- Leveraging knowledge and understanding external to the organisation, ie key trade associations and market conferences in order to elevate understanding and execution internally
- Degree or equivalent
- Gravitas and influence within the client organisation to ensure successful project execution from start to end
- National Account Manager experience in blue chip preferred
- High profile and high-pressure customer base experience is important
- Evidence of negotiation skills and strategic growth contribution required
- Ability to deliver KPI in timely manner, also beyond targets
- Proven track record of innovative and stretching growth
- Technical food and beverage knowledge would be an advantage
- Strong P&L management experience
- Strong ability to influence and lead
- Good organisation & time management skills – able to prioritise work
- Willing and capable to learn new skills
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply now.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.