Our client, a family business with sites throughout the North West, is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician for their site in Greater Manchester. You will be required to ensure the production of excellent quality and safe food that complies with company specifications, codes of practice and legislation. You will work to support all stages of the manufacturing process from product development through to finished product manufacture. The shift pattern is 38 hours worked over 5 afternoons (typically 2 – 10pm).
Key Accountabilities are:
- Promoting quality, food safety and Health & Safety; assisting in driving the site Quality agenda and culture.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Carrying out quality checks and site auditing including Critical Control Point (CCP) verification audits.
- Actively participating in third party audits.
- Being fully conversant with all traceability systems including mass balance.
- Investigating and closing out complaints; working with the site teams on a reduction program.
- Managing the calibration of all site equipment (e.g. scales, probes).
- Collating and logging of samples/swabs to be sent to the laboratory for analysis.
- Collection and preparation of product samples for product assessment/taste panel.
- Attending NPD production trials.
- Actively participating in internal audits.
- Auditing completed production due diligence records and working with site teams to maintain records.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment in a similar role.
- Basic Food Hygiene and Level 2 HACCP qualifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, including word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible.
- Valid driving licence
- North West based family business
- Currently one of the county’s largest employers with more than 800 staff
- Purpose-built distribution centre
- Are expanding - have recently purchased an additional factory unit
Although the standard hours for the role are typically 2pm to 10pm (38 hours worked over 5 days), in the short-term the successful candidate may be required to work 12pm to 8pm or 11am to 7pm as works is undertaken to expand the site. The job may include working on a weekend and where this is the case, a day off will be given in the week, or time may be given in lieu
If you have an enthusiastic and positive attitude and are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this could be the job for you.
If you would like to apply for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4484 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.