Inverness (Flexibility in location with travel throughout Scotland)
Loch Duart Ltd is a proud and a very different Scottish salmon farming company. The difference begins with a ‘best practice’ approach to rearing salmon and ends with a product which is consistently judged superior in taste, quality, colour and overall perception, as evidenced by the brand being mentioned by name on the menus of leading restaurants around the world. Loch Duart is dedicated to supplying the finest farmed salmon to discerning customers in domestic and export markets.
The company has built a reputation for going beyond ‘best practice’ and into innovation in salmon farming. Pioneering farming practices and research and development are part of the DNA of this independent company.
The Operations Director is a key appointment for the business at a time of exciting and positive change. In 2019 Loch Duart reached its 20th anniversary. The basic building blocks of strong farming performance, excellent brand recognition and solid financial status are already in place.
With the recent acquisition of a processing plant in Dingwall, and the opportunity to deliver an integrated farming and processing operation, with further ambition to acquire farming sites, the business is well positioned for growth. With this platform, the Operations Director will play a key part, along with the Board, in the implementation of a focussed company strategy for growth in both scale and profitability.
We are looking for somebody with outstanding operational expertise and strong leadership skills who can further develop the organisations farming and processing operations to deliver a “best in class” product.
Key aspects of the role will centre around the following:
- Management of all fish farming operations to continue industry-leading performance and innovation
- Leadership and development of the operational teams throughout Scotland
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to build on Loch Duart’s international reputation and support the overall company objectives
- Work across geographically disparate sites to ensure effective communication and delivery of overall company goals
- Support in the development of Loch Duart’s sustainability strategy to future-proof the company and reinforce the company’s reputation for sustainable practices
- Oversight and management of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures in line with company and regulatory requirements
- Manage relations with stakeholders and industry bodies to ensure recognition of the company’s farming model within the regulatory framework
Candidates are likely to have experience in a General Manager/Operations Director role or similar in a related industry i.e. FMCG, livestock/agriculture, dairy, whisky. They should have experience of developing and driving operational improvement in a fast paced, high quality production organisation, and demonstrate an ability to understand, empathise, influence and collaborate at all levels internally and to create a culture of excellence across the business.
Clearly the Operations Director will be integral in implementing and driving growth strategy for Loch Duart and consequently this position offers an outstanding opportunity for the right person at a time of significant opportunity for the organisation.
To apply, please send your CV with current remuneration details to Jamie Brown at email@example.com or call him on 0131 539 7087 for further