Quality Assurance Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to be based on our manufacturing site in Dudley.
Salary £30k - £35k dependent on experience
We are a medium sized factory based close to the town centre in Dudley. We produce chilled and frozen meals for both food service and retail, and we are very focussed on quality and consistency to support the associated brands. We have a family operated way of thinking, so looking for a new addition to the family to be part of our future business growth.
This position will focus on areas such as HACCP, Quality system implementation, BRC implementation, auditing systems and supplier approval. What will be key is the ability to lead the development of new systems and implement them.
This position holder will also manage and monitor the technical KPI assessment schedule, drive continuous improvement of technical systems and processes, monitor customer complaints and finished product quality, manage and monitor corrective actions to ensure root cause has been addressed, manage raw materials approval management system of all contracted manufacturers, suppliers and packers and also support in training staff on procedures.
• Maintain all quality systems across the site in line with the BRC Accreditation.
• Ensure site procedures are being adhered to.
• Instrumental in actively promoting a safety culture &, ensuring quality & safety standards are met, and products are manufactured to correct specification
• Ensure systems facilitate compliance with all relevant legislation, internal and external
• Support in prepare the site for external audits ensuring compliance to maintain high standard
• Co-ordinate and manage product traceability, any incidents and recalls
• Ensure that procedures that could affect food safety are implanted and monitored in the factory through regular and planned audits
• Support with the management of the wider HAACP/Quality team
• Support the factory with technical support and advice, seeking guidance from the Technical Consultant on any technical issues where appropriate
• Ensure that staff members have all the relevant training and offer ongoing support
• Manage all customer complaints to close out
• Support internal audits and other factory / GMP audits as required.
• Drive continuous improvement by identifying and implementing quality improvement projects within the factory. Support other quality improvement projects / initiatives within the business
• Drive system improvement with site teams by analysis trending and review of all audit results, NCR, Micro, Incidents and all other relevant KPI’s
• Manage TACCP & VACCP for the site
• Play a leading role in the development of technical standards in operations for new customers where required.
• Ensure systems used throughout our suppliers deliver compliance with product safety, legality and quality requirements in order to meet the Company's commitments to food safety legislation and related issues.
• Ensure all relevant legislation and customer protocols are communicated and complied with across the business.
• Define and ensure compliance to technical and quality standards within the business and exceeding customer expectations.
• Lead by example with regards to Quality and Food Safety.
• Promote GMP standards within the factory
• Manage Supplier Assurance including risk assessment and approval. Monitor supplier performance (standards, quality, integrity etc) and develop supply base. Manage supplier reviews.
• Manage Product Specifications
• Manage raw material intake process and ensure that staff have the relevant training for their role
• Manage to closure Supplier Non conformances within the agreed time scale
• Manage and Coordinate closure of all external / third party audits
• Support Technical team in delivering business objectives and support the site overall Technical Management as required.
This list is not exhaustive and the post-holder will be required to undertake any additional tasks, training and/or development activity as directed by the company from time to time to meet the exigencies of the operation.
A very good understanding of HACCP ideally a level 3
Understanding of the BRC requirement for food manufacturing. You should have taken a key role in achieving a BRC version 7/8 accreditation within the last 18 months.
Experience of working in food manufacturing environment
Experience of auditing QM Systems and GMP in Food manufacturing
Highly developed communication skills (verbal, written, listening, influencing, report writing).