Ingredient Specifications Coordinator
Ashby de la Zouch
1 x permanent position (or 2 x part-time positions)
Purpose of the role:
As our Ingredients Specifications Coordinator, you will support the Technical Legislation team to ensure the legal & policy compliance of all branded & retailer branded (RTB) products manufactured or sold by KP Snacks.
Collect new or revised ingredient specifications from suppliers, review for compliance to legislation & policy and request & agree appropriate amends with suppliers.
Undertake additional tasks and project responsibility within the department, as required.
- Working in a time-pressured environment and often to tight deadlines, the role holder needs to maintain high levels of concentration & attention to detail
- The role requires knowledge of UK & EU legislation, KP Snacks policies and RTB customer policies
- The role requires detailed knowledge of Technical Legislation team IT systems. The recipe management system used by the team is the primary source of product, ingredient and supplier information in KP Snacks. It is essential for legal compliance, specification management and the transfer of technical data to RTB customers which forms part of KP Snacks' contract with them
- Role holder will liaise with external contacts at ingredient suppliers
- Internally the role holder will work cross-functionally with other teams including Product Development, Procurement, Group Vendor Assurance and other members of the Technical function at sites & in central roles
The role holder will work with all 7 UK manufacturing sites, plus other Intersnack Group sites & co-manufacturers.
The remit covers all ingredients used in KP brands and RTB SKUs.
- The role holder has responsibility for sign-off (approval or rejection) of ingredient specifications on behalf of KP Snacks
- Manage ingredient specifications through the internal approval process working with approvers in site Technical teams. Ensure approvers internally & externally sign off specifications in a timely manner
- Populate Agile system with ingredient specification data
- Track & report on the approval status of all specifications
- Generate UIC numbers for new ingredients introduced into the business
- Advise on suitability of new ingredients (or changes to current specifications or suppliers) with regard to relevant legislation, policies & standards
- Provide support for any ingredient related customer requests/ alerts/ incidents
- Provide support for Export business by collecting additional information as necessary for non-EU markets
- Provide support to site teams during audits
- Generate Purchase Order numbers for the Technical Legislation team
The culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming ad supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
Excellent attention to detail & accuracy / high level of concentration
Good communication skills
Good numeracy skills
Time management and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
Flexibility & ability to adapt to change