Position: Factory QA Lead
Based: Littleborough, near Rochdale
Deputise for the QA Manager in his/her absence (where appropriate), in accordance with the Crisis Management procedure, and support the QA Leadership team as required as part of a professional and motivated team
- Manage all aspects of the Factory Quality function to ensure compliance. This includes overall responsibility for:-All test plans and product conformity monitoring
- Control of non-conforming product, QA & factory non-conformances (QNs) and any food safety/quality Incidents.
- Drive RC investigations and close out of corrective actions through direct reports
- Concessions, shelf life extensions (WIP) and QN reduction programmes
- Effective management of all relevant factory QA systems
- Laboratory Procedures and Standards, ensuring both accuracy & efficiency
- Departmental budget, assisting to meet divisional budget
- Manage the environmental monitoring compliance
- Manage the training, development and performance review for the QA team. This will ensure that all team members are competent to perform their roles within the Quality Assurance structure.
- Be actively involved in customer visits and third-party audits, leading factory tours.
- Be actively involved in the site HACCP programme as well as internal auditing activities.
- Provide Technical support for the investigation and resolution of customer complaints (where appropriate) to identify root cause(s), corrective actions and prevent recurrence of the issues.
- To manage and lead the Non-conformance programme for the site to ensure that the site objectives for continuous improvement are progressed.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive through improved quality & factory standards.
- Provide local technical support for Operational, NPD, Central Technical and Commercial teams (incl. product launches).
- Publish KPI’s and trending data, conducting routine reviews with the Site Leadership Team.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety Integrity, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
·Experience in a food manufacturing environment at management level ·Laboratory experience within the food industry preferable
- Managing direct reports including Performance Review and Development Planning
- Managing a Food Safety Audit programme
- Auditing experience
- Experience in dealing with Third-Party Auditors and Government Bodies such as Trading standards and Environmental Health
- Experience in dealing with major industrial and/or retail customers as appropriate
- Must have a sound working knowledge of Food Industry Quality and Food Safety programmes and audit standards (HACCP, BRC, AIB etc.)
- Proven management & leadership skills. Must have the capability to work within the Factory Leadership Team
- Proven track record to drive change and lead continuous Improvement.
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound Scientific and Methodical approach to problem solving
- Be a real champion for quality, customer focused with an eye for detail
- Assertive team player with a “hands on” approach
- Ability to work well under pressure and to make decision in “real time”
- Autonomous, self-driven, dynamic and results orientated
- Ability to influence, win people over and be able to take a strong stance when required
- Flexible and ability to respond to business needs outside normal working hours
- Knowledge of risk management tools preferable
- Organisational and strong communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- PC Literate
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 84001)
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.