Position: Quality Systems & Food Safety Lead
Based: Littleborough, near Rochdale
·Deputise as appropriate for the Quality Manager during absence / holidays, including leading Incident / Crisis Management if required.
- Work cross functionally within the QA Team in order provide holiday / absence cover as appropriate for key activities.
- Provide governance and lead proactive continuous improvement of quality systems (and all related documentation), food safety, food defence and relevant QS/FS training programmes to meet McCormick, customer and third party audit standards.
- Implement Quality and Food Safety policies set by Corporate and EMEA Technical Teams at the site and provide support for the development and continuous improvement of these policies.
- Responsible for the management of the internal audit programmes and pro-actively lead continuous improvements where necessary. Publish monthly audit results, KPIs and trending data, conducting routine reviews with the Site Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the management of all third party and customer audit programmes.
- Manage corrective action programmes to ensure appropriate handling, response and resolution of internal and external audits. Identify and implement continuous improvement to the programs to prevent recurrence of the issues.
- Manage the HACCP programme for the site ensuring that HACCP studies are reviewed and updated on a regular basis and that an audit schedule is in place to ensure compliance.
- Provide Technical support for the investigation and resolution of complaints and non-conformances to ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented in order to prevent recurrence of the issues. Pro-actively lead continuous program improvements where necessary and publish monthly KPI and trend data.
- Provide QS/FS governance and Technical support to projects undertaken in the plant, including installations, modification of equipment, buildings and processes.
- Manage relevant quality and food safety training programmes for the site ensuring that all Operational staff receive adequate training and achieve the minimum agreed understanding and how it applies to their role.
- Responsible for the management of customer Sensory programmes
- Solid experience working within the Food Industry
- Proven influencing skills, preferably in a factory-based environment
- Leading and managing Food Safety & Quality System programmes in compliance with food industry standards and Customer / Third Party audit requirements
- Practical knowledge of industry audit standards (e.g. BRC, AIB etc.)
- Practical experience in managing HACCP systems
- Qualified Lead Auditor (or equivalent)
- Experience in dealing with Government Bodies such as Trading standards and Environmental Health
- Experience in dealing with major industrial and/or retail customers as appropriate
- Must be able to demonstrate Leadership ability through informal reporting lines as well as influencing peer groups.
- Must have the capability to work within the Factory Leadership Team and initiate Continuous Improvements.
·Should be capable of deputising for Site QA Manager as appropriate
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound methodical approach to problem solving, project management and show good attention to detail
- Knowledge of risk management tools preferable
- Knowledge of raw materials preferable
- Must have demonstrable practical working knowledge of managing Quality and Food Safety programmes
- Strong knowledge of plant hygiene preferable
- Good written and verbal communication skills – ability to deal with both suppliers and customers
- Customer focused
- Good numerical skills
- PC literate (working knowledge of SAP would be beneficial)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Assertive team player
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 82482)
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.