Head of Fresh Foods (Retail)
Blakemore Retail is the convenience retail division of the A.F. Blakemore Group based in the West Midlands. The A.F. Blakemore Group has grown into one of the largest privately owned companies in the UK and now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of circa £1.1 billion.
With more than 5,500 employees and 280 SPAR stores located across England and Wales, Blakemore Retail is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK.
Putting people first is the philosophy that has resulted in Blakemore Retail becoming the dynamic, forward-thinking success story that it is today, and it is this belief that will continue to drive the company’s growth for the next century.
Position: Head of Fresh Foods (Retail)
Location: Field Based, England and Wales
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Very Competitive
Benefits: Private Medical Insurance, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Private Health Insurance, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role.
Closing date: 1 October 2020
About the Role:
We have a very exciting opportunity for a new Head of Fresh Foods (Retail). Reporting directly into the Retail Managing Director, the Head of Fresh Foods will manage and develop the portfolio of fresh food brands we operate, working in collaboration with the Commercial and Retail Operations Teams. The role is accountable for developing strategic initiatives and detailed implementation plans that enhance fresh participation, grow profitability, and evolve operational capability through leading a dedicated specialist team.
- To lead and support the strategic development of our County Bridge, Philpotts and Food to Go businesses (including brand partnerships)
- To create and maintain a commercial business plan that is customer led and drives business performance / channel profitability
- Coordinate business meetings to provide rhythm, momentum, and effective communication to the business
- To work in collaboration with Group Marketing in developing bespoke marketing programmes to drive business growth
- To review and develop operational practice to drive efficiencies
- To manage colleague relationships to empower, motivate and ensure the strategic programme(s) is implemented effectively and delivered to time
- To ensure key performance Indicators measuring sales, profitability and consumer relevance are established, delivered and communicated
- To ensure business practices are monitored, audited and operate within compliance to government legislation and franchise agreements
- High level of commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse business reports and financial information and work proactively to maximise profitability
- High level of leadership and experience in leading teams
- Ability to develop and manage projects
- Excellent communication skills and experience in delivering to all levels
- High level knowledge of fresh food operational (FSMS) & legislative practice and the ability to manage those responsibilities
- Full driving license
You may have experience of the following: Head of Fresh Foods, Fresh Foods, Retail Manager, Operations Manager, General Manager, Store Manager, Area Manager, Retail Operations Manager, Brand Manager, Retail, FMCG, etc.