Welsh Lady Preserves is a family-run business established in 1966, and makers of a wide range of premium fruit preserves and savoury sauces using traditional methods.
We manufacture, promote and sell our own Welsh Lady brand, but also offer a private label and bespoke manufacturing service. As a Company, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovation and are frequently involved in bringing new and exciting products to market. We have established a reputation for producing the highest quality products and have won multiple awards.
We are now looking for a Technical Manager to join us at our factory on the beautiful Llyn Peninsula in North Wales, based just off the A499 between Pwllheli and Caernarfon. It is an exciting time at Welsh Lady; the business is expanding rapidly, and we need someone to take on the responsibility of ensuring the high-quality and safety of our products while maintaining our prized AA Grade BRC accreditation. You will be a key member of the management team and be the primary point of contact for driving forward quality and technical performance. You will need a keen attention to detail, a thorough understanding of BRC accreditiation requirements, a passion for great quality and you will not be afraid to challenge in order to achieve the very best.
- Identify, agree, implement and manage the quality systems and objectives for the site.
- Ensure that products meet all quality criteria, i.e. specification, traceability, labelling, visual presentation, weight, and food safety.
- Develop, and ensure that quality systems operate efficiently in order to satisfy customers and provide due diligence.
- Independently formulate policies regarding quality, technical and health and safety.
- Ensure excellent standards of housekeeping and hygiene are continuously maintained.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities as required.
- Liaise with customer and supplier technical representatives and take the lead during site audits.
- Review and maintain the site HACCP program as team leader.
- Track trends on quality performance, customer complaints, defects, non-conformances and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Implement all specifications for raw materials and final product. Monitor incoming raw materials for conformance to specification.
- Manage site health and safety systems.
- Contribute to NPD projects as appropriate.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the food industry and working with BRC accreditation.
- Proven technical/quality management experience.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of industry standards in Quality Management Systems, BRC, HACCP, HSE, Safety and Legality.
- Auditing and risk assessment experience.
If you have a passion for food and would like a role that offers job satisfaction in a successful family business, working with a team of colleagues dedicated to delivering high standards, please apply with a current CV.
Working hours are 7.45am-4.15pm Mon-Thurs, 7.45am-3.30pm Fridays.