We are looking for a hands-on, experienced Interim Health and Safety Officer for a period of approx. 2 months (mid September to mid November) that requires an immediate start to fulfil a brief that includes our site and sister sites meet both legal and regulatory requirements, as well as customer and industry standards in Health and Safety and the provision of high-quality advice/guidance on company policy relating to health and safety matters.
Full awareness of UK Health & Safety Laws and Regulations in the Food Manufacturing (FMCG) Industry is essential.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind fastest growing UK rice brand, Laila - part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We also supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our ever growing food service channel.
The base of our head offices for foods, our 11 acre site in Harwich comprises of food production, warehousing, distribution and logistics operations.
- Main point of contact for health and safety matters
- Monitor and implement health and safety compliance across sites
- Drive Health & Safety standards
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted and actions are completed
- Key contact for Health and Safety audits
- Ability to undertake investigations which may include RIDDOR
- Carry out regular inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- To produce reports & statistics
- To provide training and coaching across the facilities to drive a positive safety culture
- To keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health & Safety Executive (HSE) legislation
What are we looking for?
- Skills to prepare and deliver H&S-related training sessions - essential
- Safety qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH) - essential
- Strong influencing skills / problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide practical risk control solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in an H&S Officer capacity within a similar manufacturing / FMCG industry
The ideal candidate will have sound experience and a proven track record of working with various departments, staff and their leaders to optimise health and safety standards across the foods business.
If you are a experienced Interim Health & Safety professional looking for a short-term challenge and are available for immediate start, please apply (when applying for this role, please confirm your availability to start).