Established in 2018, this an emerging premium branded SME food business has grown incredibly quickly, going from strength to strength to become a market leader within the niche sector. This dynamic and innovative company manufacturer and supply a range of delicious branded organic products to a growing client base spanning many well-known UK and European food businesses. The business has ambitious plans to expand their operation to export products further afield to the Middle East.
The business is now is a position to recruit an experienced Food Technologist, to spearhead its food safety and food quality efforts. The company is currently accredited by SALSA and the Soil Association, the successful candidate will go beyond these frameworks to ensure that its suppliers, raw materials, production processes and distribution channels all meet the highest possible standards of food safety. The company is in the ‘scale-up’ phase of growth, and this brings a strong need for flexibility and adaptive thinking. The role reports directly to the CEO, and will consist of the following
- Ensuring the quality and safety of all food products.
- Review and build all food safety policies and systems.
- Compliance with our accreditation bodies, SALSA and the Soil Association, whilst preparing the company to meet BRC standards.
- Building great relationships with our suppliers to ensure they meet our high standards.
- Owning the information around each product.
Flexible working is encouraged by the business; however, you will spend a significant amount of time between the company’s head office in London and their factory in Essex.
- Personality – The company has an ambitious team, eager to be central characters in an early-stage company’s growth story. They value each other’s strengths and differences and are committed to build a work environment that fosters empathy and collaboration. The candidate must not only share our values; they must build on them.
- Experience – 2-4 years of relevant experience technical / quality experience within a similar food manufacturing environment.
- Skills – fluent in HACCP designs and frameworks. A system-based thinker capable of quickly getting up to speed with the company’s inventory management software and processes. The successful candidate must be detail-orientated and act cool under the pressure of an audit.
- Education – A strong Science / Food related degree from a good University.
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James to email@example.com
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.