Job ref: 62684 | £22,000 - £24,000 | West Midlands
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading chilled food wholesaler which supplies to the UK foodservice sector. Since the business was founded over 40 years ago, the company has expanded rapidly, constantly increasing its product range to ensure they remain a market leader and the number one choice for customers.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, your job as Specifications Technologist will be to ensure all products supplied by the company comply with food safety, legal and customer requirements through the management of technical documentation and specifications.
- Gather technical information for finished products and ingredients from suppliers, making sure all information is correct and meets due diligence
- Write new specifications for both products manufactured on site plus imported company branded products
- Keep all the specifications updated and edit as necessary
- Document control and storage of specs kept tidy in the system.
- Assist with supplier risk assessment and re-assessment
- Carry out product risk assessment and approval of new products by assessment of all due diligence information
- Regularly liaise with customers, ingredient/packing suppliers to maintain technical information
You will ideally be a holder of a food science, food technology, nutrition or related degree and/or possess previous technical/specifications experience within food manufacturing and looking for the next step in your career.
Additional qualifications including Intermediate HACCP and Intermediate Food Safety are highly desirable.
Good IT skills are essential including Microsoft Office.
You will have knowledge of food safety and quality standards, be highly organised plus strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
The Specifications Technologist job is based in the West Midlands region and is paying £22,000 - £24,000 according to individual skills and previous experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Specifications Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Coordinator | Specifications Writer | Food Technologist | Technical Information Officer | Food Manufacturing Technical Graduate Jobs | West Midlands