Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Job ref: 62672 | up to £47,000 | Cambridgeshire
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative ambient food manufacturer.
This well-established and forward-thinking business are proud of their reputation for providing exceptional customer service and the highest quality products.
The purpose of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer is to oversee day-to-day engineering activities to ensure optimum performance levels are achieved and sustained, plus ensure all Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements are met within the engineering remit.
- In the event of a breakdown, assess the defect, purchase parts required and carry out repairs
- Ensure contractors are used when required and arrangements are made in good time to ensure minimum downtime
- Ensure full communication with site management relating to maintenance and engineering issues
- Ensure equipment is maintained to a high standard
- Maintain stock levels of spare parts and equipment, plus monitor usage and costs
- Contribute to the new installation of food production equipment as required
To be considered for the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer job, you will possess:
- Excellent experience within a similar role that covers both electrical and mechanical engineering responsibilities
- Ideally have previously worked on a preventative maintenance engineering basis
- Worked within food manufacturing, although other industries such as FMCG or pharmaceutical will certainly be considered
- Ideally hold relevant engineering mechanical and/or electrical qualifications i.e. 18th Edition
- Health & Safety and/or Food Safety qualifications also advantageous
The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer job is based in the Cambridgeshire region and is paying up to £47,000 according to individual skills and previous experience.
This is a night shift role working Monday to Friday, 10.00 pm to 6.00 am OR 4 on, 4 off according to your preference. Flexibility is required as you may also work on the occasional day shift.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Maintenance Technician | Manufacturing Engineer | Production Engineer | Electrical Engineer | Maintenance Engineer | Mechanical Engineer | FMCG Engineering Jobs | Food Production Engineering Jobs | Multi-skilled Engineer | Cambridgeshire