My client are a FMCG manufacturing business who are currently seeking a Shift Manager for their site based in North West England.
Forming part of the production management team the Shift Manager will be responsible for ensuring that high quality outputs are optimised whilst fully complying with Health & Safety and GMP regulations. The Shift Manager should always lead by example demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity at all times.
Job Summary & Content:
- Outside office hours the Shift Manager will take full responsibility for the site and act as a site manager.
- Actively managing the production team to ensure high levels of personal conduct, attendance, quality and health & safety standards.
- In conjunction with the Technical Team Leaders and Zone Leaders ensure the resource is available to achieve/exceed the production plan through management of holidays, absence and skills training.
- To operate and abide by safe practices and positively encourage a culture of safe working at all times.
- In conjunction with the Technical Team Leaders and Zone Leaders ensure that the production team is meeting the required level of product quality by regular inspections and audits in line with GMP requirements.
- To ensure the production area is maintained and kept in a clean and tidy state – ‘audit ready’ standard.
- Ensure that all production related paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Promote effective communication between shifts and other departments to ensure that all equipment and material requirements are met to avoid production delays and poor customer service.
- Manage and develop Zone Leaders to ensure they actively take responsibility for the performance of their teams.
- Ensure a full and detailed shift handover is conducted including as a minimum update on safety, quality, output v’s plan and any outstanding issues to be resolved.
- In the absence of other Shift Managers and in conjunction with other members of the production management team provide management cover for other shifts.
- Host all area visits including customers, auditors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all production output data and reporting.
Working Hours: Rotating Shift
Monday - Friday 6am-2pm
Monday - Thursday 2-10pm (Fri 1pm-8pm)
Sunday - Thursday 10pm-6pm