We're a startup passionate about social change. We have some amazing job openings to play a pivotal role in improving the lives of millions of people affected by dementia.
Jelly Drops is an East London based startup, supported by the Alzheimer’s Society, that produces water sweets designed to boost water intake (dehydration being one of the leading causes of death for people with dementia). Jelly Drops are made from 95% water, sugar free, vegan and created with 6 delicious natural flavours.
We have been featured on Sky News, BBC News and on the TEDx stage. Online videos have received over 100 million views and we have 50,000+ supporters following our journey online. The team have received over 15 awards spanning across Design, Innovation and Social Impact including Pitch@Palace, The Meaning Centred Design Awards and The Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowship.
We launched in July to an incredible response and are growing fast!
We are looking for a Technical Coordinator to join our team of 10 people. As the Technical Coordinator you will be responsible for implementing and optimising the systems that support the production of Jelly Drops including supply chain, operations and new product development. You will report to our incredible Production Manager, a former Head Baker at Hovis, and will be able to draw on the expertise of our advisory team that includes the former Technical Manager and the former Head of Research and Development at Tangerine Confectionery.
As a small but very rapidly growing company this role provides an amazing career progression opportunity for someone to develop with the business and eventually build out their own team and the technical management function.
- Supply chain - working with our existing suppliers of ingredients, packaging and consumables to maintain a stable and cost effective supply, identifying new partners where required and suggesting areas for optimisation.
- Operations - owning implementation of factory systems from goods in and ingredient traceability to HACCP and food safety. You will work with our Production Manager to continuously improve these systems as the company continues to grow.
- New Product Development - project manage development and roll out of new recipes and packaging formats as we begin to diversify our product range and enter new markets.
You'll have some or all of the following:
- Degree in a food science/technology discipline
- Experience working in a technical based role within the food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of key food safety systems such as HACCP
- High attention to detail, excellent communication and the ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A drive to make a social impact and be hands on!
Our hiring process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
- Send us your CV along with maximum 250 words on why this role is perfect for you.
- We’ll invite you for a 30 minute phone call to learn more about your goals and experience. You’ll also be able to ask questions about Jelly Drops and the role.
- We’ll then give you an exercise that’s relevant to the role, and run a more detailed interview to hear more about you and your experience.
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.
Package based on experience:
- Stock options
- Friday balcony drinks