Founded in the 1980s and originally a health food shop favourite, we are one of the fastest-growing major food brands in the UK with the widest range of nut and seed butters, made in our own factories in North Wales. We always treat the ingredients nature gives us as simply and as subtly as possible. The first nut butter brand in the UK to be certified palm oil free, we prioritise ethics and our commitment to nature by ensuring they stay 100% palm oil free.
As Quality Assurance Team Leader, your role is to assist in maintaining a programme of quality assurance activity by ensuring that products manufactured and supplied by the company are safe, legal and meet or exceed customer expectations. Managing a team of two QA technicians you will support the production teams in regards to understanding, implementing and maintaining good manufacturing practices in accordance with the company procedures and BRC standard.
- Ensure a safe working environment and safe working practices at all times
- Ensure that food safety, quality and the environment are not compromised
- Ensure all products are produced to agreed specification, within company HACCP & BRC systems
- Effective communication to senior management of all issues arising during the day
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a small group of Quality Assurance Technicians to meet site goals and objectives
- Motivate the team to use their knowledge and skills to achieve the shared goal.
- To immediately report any incidences of poor manufacturing practice, H&S incidents or food safety concerns to any member of the Senior Management team.
- To follow and supervise safe and hygienic procedures regarding all equipment and the environment.
- The coordination of external laboratory testing requirements, documentation of results, communication and corrective action of results which deviate from agreed specification.
- To form part of the HACCP and internal auditing team and assist during customer and 3rd party visits
Experience / Qualifications:
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience gained within a food manufacturing environment.
- Ideally holding a Food Science or Technology qualification or experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment
- Experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC), auditing and HACCP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong eye for detail.
40 hours per week Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00 with flexibility to cover holidays within the department as required.