Our client, a leading international supplier of meat products is looking to appoint a Grower Fields Person. Joining the Grower Farms team, the successful candidate will be providing support to farmers across the Midlands area, producing Outdoor Bred Pigs for the client’s supply chain. You must have a sound knowledge of practical pig production, demonstrate excellent communication skills and have the confidence to work on your own initiative.
Reporting to the Grower Farms Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with farmers, facilitating the implementation of best husbandry practice, agreed welfare standards and efficient costs of production
- Assessing and taking appropriate action across multiple farms on hygiene, feed utilisation, pig health, pig housing, feed quality, animal welfare and site security
- Ensuring the farmer completes the necessary records for the company, assurance and legal requirements
- Supporting the farmer to meet targets on physical performance including FCR, mortality, growth rate and slaughter weights
- Locating and assessing potential contract finishers within the territory
- Assisting in the arrangement of transport for weaners and finished pigs
- Providing all necessary forecast reports and statistics
- Involvement in pig performance trial work.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Pig production knowledge and experience
- Good communication skills
- An ability to build business relationships across the farming community
- A full driving licence
- One of the UK’s leading Meat Processors, producing innovative and tasty products
- Working with partnership farmers to supply high welfare, quality products to premium markets
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards where Animal Welfare, Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
If you have the relevant experience and you would like to join a talented team whose key focus is maintaining the highest standard of animal health and welfare, then this could be the job for you. The working hours for this position is Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business. The role commands a competitive salary plus company car and other benefits.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4457 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.