Production Team Leader
Job ref: 62695 | £22,000 - £24,000 | South East
The company is an innovative and fast-growing prepared product business supplying the UK market and leading retailers with high quality products.
The purpose of the Production Team Leader is to ensure that processing, assembly and packing areas are managed in accordance with company H&S and technical policies.
Typical daily duties will include:
- Carry out machinery start up checks and report any anomalies to Supervisor
- Ensure the safety, legality and quality of products is maintained, CCP procedure is adhered to and GMP standards and “clean as you go” policies are followed
- Management of Operatives within your team, providing training and guidance as required
- Ensure staff operate in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, ensure the safe use of equipment and provide a safe working environment for staff and visitors
- Liaise with Supervisors on production target achievement and raise any issues which may impact the completion of targets
- Be the first point of contact for your team, ensuring Operatives are informed of any changes in the production plan, policies and procedures
- Deputise for area Supervisor in their absence
You will be an experienced food production line leader, supervisor or similar and have worked in a high care and/or ready-to-eat food environment. Fresh produce experience will be advantageous, as would HACCP and Food Safety Level 2 qualification.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be numerate, have excellent delegation skills and be an effective communicator both verbal and written.
Due to the company location, you will also have a driving licence and your own transport.
The Production Team Leader job is based in the South East region and is paying £22,000 - £24,000 according to individual skills and previous experience (paid at an hourly rate of £10.70 - £12.00.
This is a day shift job, working 5 am – 5 pm with a working a pattern of 4 days on, 3 days off then 3 days on 4 days off.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Production Team Leader job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Production Supervisor | Production Line Leader | Food Manufacturing Production Jobs | Food Production Jobs in Kent | Medway