My client is seeking to recruit highly motivated and dynamic Quality Assurance Technicians for a fast- growing manufacturing business, to give full support on their current shift patterns of 4 on 4 off day shift or Mon-Fri evening shift.
The company is an innovative food manufacturing business, primarily focusing on single serve ingredients. They are fully committed to reducing food and packaging waste. They have a unique product offering and work in the fastest growing sector of the food industry. This is an integral role, ensuring that all products are produced to the highest possible standard.
Role & Responsibilities:
· This role will form part of the technical department and will work closely alongside production to ensure that all products meet the quality and safety standards before leaving the factory.
· To assist in maintaining a programme of quality assurance activity by ensuring that products manufactured are safe, legal and meet or exceed food safety standards and customer expectations.
· Raise Non Conformances as required, undertake investigations and root cause analysis ensuring NCRs are closed out in a timely fashion.
· Supporting the Quality Manager and Technical Department in whichever capacity is required.
· Becoming familiar with all Podpak food safety procedures and helping to implement and train relevant staff including being a key member of allergen monitoring of plant and equipment.
· Being pro-actively involved in GMP, internal and external audits and interface with customers during visits if required.
Skills and Experience:
· A high attention to detail is essential. The business is always seeking to make improvements and this role will be involved in looking at ways to minimise wastage and optimise operational efficiencies.
· The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a quality or lab either from the food or drink manufacturing industry.
· Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
· Previous experience of working in a QA role is essential
· Good communication skills
· Naturally observant with a high level of detail
· Ability to "push back" and challenge others
Job Type: Permanent
If this sounds like the job for you then please contact Nick @ Zest at firstname.lastname@example.org