Bakery NPD Technologist
Scotland (Central Belt)
Job Reference: GG/7877
To support the creation and development of authentic bakery products, meeting current and emerging consumer needs and the company brand standards. To play a key role in allowing he company to compete commercially their global market.
- Supporting the development of ambitious product development, from concept to launch, to meet or exceed the product and ingredient standards of equivalent mainstream branded leading products.
- Support the Master Baker to translate brand philosophy, product and consumer insights into superior new products that meet the project deliverables, and/or contribute to the creation and execution of a stronger business strategy.
- Continuously upskill and apply new bakery and ingredient knowledge to products to enable the company to be at the leading edge of product technology.
- Support and/or lead projects (as agreed with Line Manager)
- Responsible for OTIF delivery of the R&D input into agreed Innovation, Renovation, Quality and Value Improvement Projects.
- Work with internal/external partners to develop prototypes and agree specifications for ingredients, products and processes.
- Work with internal/external partners to validate product scaling on plant, taking appropriate action to identify and manage technical risk, timing constraints and ensure full transparency of the technical activities on the critical path/project network.
- Responsible for the timely R&D input into the required gatekeeping documentation and other relevant systems.
- Responsible to utilize experimental designs and scientific principles for recommendations and decisions. Ensure completion of development and commercialization success criteria in execution of project work using accepted documentation and work processes.
- Responsible to ensure project documentation and learnings are shared across the company’s technical community in a timely manner.
- Ensure the correct allergen and traceability protocols are developed, reviewed, tested.
- At least 3 years bakery experience. A qualified baker/pâtissier or other appropriate food qualification with experience in bakery.
- Ingredient functionality; Planning/designing experimental activity; Data collection & analysis; Specifications
- Product development from concept to scaled finished product
- Genuine love of/affinity with food
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or email@example.com quoting reference GG/7877.