Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Dispatch Manager - Days Based
Our client are looking to strengthen their senior management team. We are recruiting for a talented Dispatch / Distribution Manager, this newly created role is due further growth for this hugely successful FMCG business. Have you got what it takes to join the team?
We are looking for highly talented Dispatch / Warehouse Manager who has a proven track record in a fast paced manufacturing / distribution environment, managing and developing large teams.
A strong background in delivering performance improvement on both a personal and organisational level. You will have initiative and drive and the gravitas to inspire your team and peers to deliver
You will be a role model for your team, always delivering the very highest standards and working with openness, honesty, passion and integrity. Your well-developed influencing skills will make you successful in this key role.
As the Dispatch Manager, you will demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement and be able to drive KPI performance
As Dispatch Manager you will report to the Site General Manager to ensure that all customer requirements are met, ensuring orders are delivered on time, in full and at the lowest possible cost to the company , in a safe manner.
- Plan and monitor daily/weekly labour & equipment requirements identifying any shortfalls/overages & develop and implement an appropriate response in order to increase efficiency and/or make cost savings
- Monitor the ongoing progress & costs of intake and despatch liaising with supervisors and other departments as necessary to alleviate problem areas & resolve production problems
- To ensure that the site is legally & contractually compliant in all areas and to actively promote hygiene & health & safety, immediately halting any un-safe working practice & taking appropriate action to remedy
- To effectively manage the yard, loading bays & use of fork-lift by liaising closely with production, customers & sales to maximize the efficiency of the supply chain
- Liaising daily with the management across site in order to establish plans & implement them effectively
- Review & develop your direct reports & team to improve their performance against standards & targets, ensuring that both site and all shift personnel are equipped to deliver against all expectations
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their roles/accountabilities, that training is provided to meet these (with specific focus on FLT Training & licensing) and that employment & communication policies are complied with
- Communicate, liaise & escalate issues with the Head of Operations, colleagues, customers and external service providers where necessary
- Ensure that the site achieves and maintains the targeted level of accreditation through customer/legal auditing processes
- Awareness to Environmental legal requirements and the understanding of the importance of pro-active controls of environmental risks, waste reduction, water & power minimisation
- Ensure there is 24 hour , 7 day a week site coverage for despatch
To apply for these exciting opportunities with a brand leading business, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref mc7761 or call me on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.