Eden Scott is delighted to be retained by Mentholatum to recruit an experienced Head of Quality to be based at their facility in East Kilbride.
The Mentholatum Company was acquired by Rohto Pharmaceutical Company in 1988. The business runs independently and is based in East Kilbride with a sales office in Farnborough. The business employs around 100 staff in total with a team of 50 based at East Kilbride. Mentholatum specialises in the manufacturer and supply of high quality healthcare products and supply product to the UK, Europe, Africa and Middle East. A leader in the sale of topical pain relief products with well-known brands including Deep Heat, Deep Freeze and Deep Relief.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Quality Development you will be responsible for the operational quality functions (QC and QA) for the UK business.
- Maintain oversight of the Quality Control operations to optimise services in support of commercial production.
- Maintain oversight of the Quality Assurance operations to assure compliance with GMP
- Report all relevant quality related data to the Quality Forum aimed at assuring compliance, optimising performance and identifying areas for improvement.
- Manage systems to control and manage deviations, change controls and other quality events.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of quality systems, including the identification and implementation of new systems.
- Conduct internal and external audits
- Support as required the maintenance of the Document Management System.
- Ensure all staff work in compliance with all relevant QA related systems and GMP documentation and record all raw data appropriately.
- Comply with all company H&S procedures and policies.
- Ensure all staff wear appropriate PPE and comply with safe working practices.
- Establish and maintain assessed procedures to support training of all Quality personnel.
- Conduct regular reviews with direct reports and conduct performance appraisals on an annual basis.
- Degree in a Life Science / Chemistry / Food Science subject or similar
- Previous experience in GMP QC or GMP QA roles
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Control / Quality Assurance in a GMP environment.
- Highly competent in Quality Control systems including checking and verifying of data
- Previous experience of managing scientific and quality teams.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate previous management experience of large teams.
- Commercially astute
- Strong communication skills.
If you are interested in having an informal discussion or to find out more please send a copy of your CV to Alasdair.email@example.com
Please note all third party, direct and speculative applications / CVs will be forwarded to Eden Scott for consideration.