Head of Technical
Crediton Dairy is one of the UK’s leading dairy-based drinks suppliers producing a range of milk-based drinks, iced coffees, milks and creams for well-known brands, retail own brands and our own fast-growing Moo Milk label.
Following the great Devon tradition of outstanding dairy products, we are supplied by local, family-run farms and maintain independent ownership, financial strength and professional operations.
We’re now looking for a Head of Technical to join us in Crediton and deliver excellence across our technical operations.
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent benefits and perks package, including stakeholder pension
- Performance based annual bonus
- 33 days’ annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays
This outstanding opportunity will see you acting in a key capacity to ensure our business excels in all technical, hygiene and process standards and we can continue to deliver outstanding results.
Not only will you be involved in the highest standards of technical excellence right across our organisation, but you will also inspire and manage the individuals within our technical department, meaning that you will be able to expand your expertise across a wide range of disciplines.
So, if you are eager for a fresh challenge, are ready to drive your career to the next level and possess excellent technical management experience gained from the chilled food sector, this is an incredible role that you will not want to miss.
As the Head of Technical, you will be tasked with leading our operational technical function to ensure we can maintain critical deliverable standards and targets.
You will work across our business, interfacing with clients regarding their technical requirements and challenging technical teams ensure standards are met. Other areas where you ensure target achievement will include factory standards, product quality, audit compliance, supplier and ingredient approvals and customer compliance.
Your role will also involve:
- Implementing and managing people development plans
- Contributing to senior management meetings with relevant reports on technical KPIs and measures
- Ensuring technical audit compliance to internal, external, legal and customer standards
- Identifying and implementing technical improvements across all areas of site operations
- Proactively managing non-conformance and corrective action procedures
- Ensuring all technical procedures are managed effectively
- Managing both Chemi and Bacti on-site labs
- Participating in customer discussions as the senior technical interface
As part of your role, you may be required to undertake off-site meetings on occasion.
To be considered as the Head of Technical, you will need:
- Extensive (at least five years’) technical management experience within a chilled food business, preferably dairy
- Proven experience of managing a high-performing team through an ability to manage, coach and develop people effectively
- Experience in quality management software systems
- Demonstrable experience of leading successful audits (internal and external) and in following through actions to completion
- An understanding of BRC 8 requirements
- A Food Hygiene Level 4 qualification
- A Level 4 HACCP certification
- A scientific or food related degree (or equivalent)
A full, valid driving licence would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Technical Operations Manager, Chilled Food Technical Manager, Head of Technical Operations, Head of Food Manufacturing, Technical Manager, Production Manager, Food Manufacturing Operations Manager, or Technical Production Manager.
Webrecruit and Crediton Dairy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for an engaging challenge as our Head of Technical, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.