The business has grown from strength to strength to become a market leader within the drinks sector. At the forefront of product innovation, the business now produces a range of unveils exceptional products supplying most of the UK retailers and exporting their products across the world.
Owing to the ongoing success of the business, a new and exciting position has arisen based at their head offices in London. The business seeks a passionate and self-motivated Senior Liquid Development Manager who will lead the technical liquid development programme and drive technical solutions to create delicious tasting and innovative drinks products.
As the business’s Senior Liquid Development Manager, you will be solely responsible for successful delivery of the technical liquid programme. You need to showcase your technical expertise in leading carbonated beverage application projects and have a proven background in sensory science. This will be accomplished by ensuring that concepts are appropriately scaled up and successfully commercialised alongside project leadership of the liquid development work streams within the innovation and technical teams. This will involve working collaboratively with the technical project teams to provide options and solutions which support the delivery of new products and existing product optimisation as well as ensuring legal, nutritional and food safety compliance.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to translate market trends into innovative products for our key customers and markets. The business needs someone who is extremely passionate in this field and keeps up to date with new technology, ingredients and compliance. A self-motivated, self-starter, will an ability to be agile without losing momentum whilst managing complex development projects in a fast-paced environment, are key to being successful within this role.
- Honours or Degree equivalent in relevant science discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Food science) with 8 years+ in food/beverage application lab production or related discipline
- Understanding of beverage applications, ingredients and processes with a proven record of practical experience in a FMCG environment
- Leading delivery of technical projects as part of a cross functional team is essential with strong communication skills and stakeholder management
- Proven ability in product formulation and process scale up from laboratory to factory are essential with specific knowledge of beverage formulation, ingredients
- Experience of practical evaluation of flavours, can effectivity train and run sensory panels and perception testing
- Strong attention to detail with experience of liquid development software and ability to navigate and produce technical documentation such as specifications, MSDS, formulations and manufacturing instructions
- Demonstrates perseverance & a positive attitude in the pursuit of challenging goals
- To provide support on ingredient / product / process issues on live products
- Ability to function independently as well as work within a team with a strong work ethic and hands on approach
- Some travel required
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.