My client is one of the most exciting food manufacturing businesses in the UK today. They are seeing exceptional growth driven through innovation and acquisition. Due to this expansion they are looking for a Head of Manufacturing to take responsibility for a multi-site manufacturing base across the North of England.
The Head of Manufacturing will be responsible for defining the operational strategy for the next stage of growth and delivering against this. It will be a wide-ranging role responsible for a sizeable and growing manufacturing team. The key responsibilities include:
- Building on a positive business culture to drive engagement and pro-activity.
- Delivering operational performance whilst maintain the highest standards of safety and quality.
- Identifying long-term strategic opportunities around the utilisation of the manufacturing footprint and investment opportunities
- Developing the existing leadership team to provide career progression opportunities to support the growth of the business.
- Working with the board to ensure the business continues to be recognised as best-in-class whilst also supporting new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be an FMCG/food manufacturing professional with experience of site leadership or multi-site leadership. They will be ambitious yet grounded; achievement focus and inclusive; detailed but not stifling; and communicative at all levels. This is a growing business so there is a need to be highly adaptable and able to operate at pace. Due to the expansion plans of the business there are likely to be future career opportunities for an ambitious individual.