Specifications and Compliance Specialist
€40 – 45K
FTC Maternity Cover
Our client is a fast moving, forward thinking food manufacturer who puts sustainability and the highest food safety standards at the centre of what they do.
The NPI, Specifications & Compliance Specialist is responsible for legislative compliance and approval on site with regards to raw materials, product packaging and any product communications and must understand relative customer codes of practice.
- Responsible for the review and approval of all new materials proposed for the site in line with site, legislative and customer requirements/standards and this will involve elements of supplier approval.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of all finished product specifications using various templates and specifications systems and generating/providing information as requested.
- Creation of pack copy information for finished product packaging and approval of said packaging in compliance with legislative, site and customer requirements.
- RSPO certification requirements on site.
- Part of the internal auditing team and will be responsible as applicable for internally auditing the business against the highest food safety standards and regulations such as BRC, TFS, etc.
- Play a role during external auditors site visits by collating the necessary information relative to the role and assisting as required.
- Demonstrable understanding of Food Legislation in regard to labelling.
- Understanding of artwork generation and printing process.
- Demonstrable experience with raw materials and packaging specifications. Use of specifications systems an advantage.
- Experience using various retailer specifications systems.
- Internal Auditor certified.
- Understanding allergen management and handling.
- Understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems with good knowledge, of the BRC Global Food Standard and specific customer standards and Codes of Practice.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in similar role.
- Third level qualification in Food Science, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional Science, Food engineering.
Want to hear more? Get in touch! Email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference bf/8051