Job Reference: GG/7905
One of the UK’s biggest food manufacturers is looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join their team in Manchester. The business supplies all major retailers as well as leading foodservice companies.
- Set up, changeover, operate machinery, other equipment and tools in the area within standard operating procedures to achieve required outputs and quality.
- Carry out a range of manual tasks and activities and ensure all tasks are finished within permitted time frames.
- Check and monitor processes making recommendations for any adjustments necessary to achieve process specification.
- Production efficiency and engineering downtime
- Completion of PPM while adhering schedules
- Complete daily engineering work report sheets.
- Run and understand various reports mechanical guidance sheets as required.
- Clean and tidy work areas so that hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained and undertake straightforward hygiene tasks.
- Reports faults so they can be put right quickly to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Reports & repairs faults so they can be put right quickly to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Work alongside skilled engineers / electrical
- Help solve problems and make suggestions for improvement so that better ways of doing jobs are identified and implemented.
- To work as part of a team and operate more complex machinery and equipment.
- To perform engineering functions within capability or area of expertise directed by the skilled engineers.
- Food Safety Awareness
- H&S awareness
- General procedures
- HACCP ½ Day Course
- ILM Level 2 course
- NVQ level 2
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with GG/7905 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.