Due to Brexit we are implementing a new customs solution for the import of raw materials into the UK and for our export sales. The Customs Analyst will manage the customs solution to ensure data is processed through our 3rd party Broker solution and on to HMRC correctly to enable a smooth flow of goods through the ports. As this is a new process the role will be expected to develop the process and enhance efficiency.
The Customs Analyst will also be responsible for the accuracy of data being submitted to HMRC with post-clearance amendments submitted as required, therefore clear audit trails are required.
This role is key to the implementation of the new customs system to allow our goods to flow into/out of the UK smoothly. Therefore strong decision making will be required to ensure data is consistent and accurate to ensure correct duties are payable.
The multi-award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
Lots more great, flexible benefits
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- A level standard education (plus GCSE Maths and English)
- Import/export experience including customs entries would be ideal
- Team player with good oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of customs procedures
- Proactive with identifying queries and resolving on your own
- Excellent computer literacy
- Good organisational skills
- Basic understanding of supply chain & logistics
- Strong attention to detail