Meridian Foods is currently seeking an experienced and skilled Production Manager to join the production team. They support the Technical department in regards to understanding, implementing and maintaining good manufacturing practices in the factory in accordance with the company procedures and BRC standards and ensure that all products produced are safe, legal and meet the company’s specifications. Through professional people management they ensure that key production targets are met on a day to day basis driving performance improvement through innovation and using logical problem solving.
• To meet the daily production plan and to accurately report on issues and successes.
• Managing staff absence levels and timekeeping.
• Managing investigations related to process and employee relations issues.
• Ensuring quality control procedures are being followed by all production operatives.
• Reduce non-engineering lost time by controlling the manufacturing process.
• Training of all operatives to the required standard for each operation in the process.
• Ensure a safe working environment and safe working practices at all times
• Ensure that food safety, quality and the environment are not compromised
• Ensure all products are produced to customer specification, within agreed cost parameters and Company HACCP & BRC systems.
• Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and GMP in all areas
• Ensure that all rules, procedures and policies whether written or unwritten are adhered to.
• Ensure all production staff are adequately trained and developed to meet all business needs.
• Effective communication to the Site Manager of all issues arising during the day
• Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of Production Operatives to meet site goals and objectives.
• Motivate the team to use their knowledge and skills to achieve the shared goals.
• Day to day management of the production team.
• Deployment and utilisation of resource on the shift to meet the production plan and daily priorities.
• Fully support all safety and food safety initiatives.
• Ensure effective communication to the production team on all key issues.
• Performance reviews on production operatives.
• Attend all management meetings as required.
• Control of product weights and wastage.
• To ensure that all materials are available for each production run prior to the run commencing.
• Completion of relevant safety and manufacturing KPI information.
• Ensure line documentation is being correctly recorded for Due Diligence purposes
Experience / Qualifications:
- Understand the operations of the production line
- An understanding of company procedures
- Past experience within a supervisory role, preferably in a FMCG environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Production line equipment, i.e. set-up / changeovers
- Proficient in IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Some previous experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC), auditing and HACCP would be useful
- Excellent communication skills and a strong eye for detail
- Basic Food Hygiene & Level 2 HACCP
- Reliable, confident & responsible
- Organised & flexible
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Able to work independently & in a team