Up to £60,000
Job Reference: GG/8069
Reporting to the Site Director, you will lead Operational teams within the site to ensure that they run efficiently, effectively and all targets are met. You will develop the capacity and capability of your direct team of Managers to ensure the right people with the right skills are in the right roles.
You will take ownership of all operation areas, use initiative to resolve problems, communicating outcomes to the wider team as required, demonstrating positive leadership by ensuring your teams are coached, challenged and aligned to key business objectives.
- Representing the Production / Operations team, as part of the Senior Leadership Team – delivering KPIs hourly, daily and weekly – to include providing actions and evidencing results, ensuring SIC boards are completed accordingly and in a timely manner to engage the Wider team.
- Strategically planning both from a resource and capacity planning perspective (to include controllable improvements with standard manning / labour).
- Driving continuous improvement in both our processes and quality (to include improving costs as well as yield optimisation contributing to sustainability goals).
- Meeting and exceeding customer requirements in terms of Quality, Food Safety, Cost & Delivery.
- Challenging, mentoring and coaching people (to include objectively assessing own teams’ performance) as well as challenging processes and practices within production.
- Actively promote and deliver improved health and safety behaviours – leading the achievement of a strong Health & Safety culture (and environmental awareness); living and breathing the ethos of “Safety is a Condition”.
- Assisting with any other elements of the day to day running of the production and working as part of our team environment.
- Ensure excellent standards of General Manufacturing Practice and that the Production areas are audit ready at all times
- Ensure that all staff are trained, developed and competent in line with SOP’s/SSOW
- Previous experience of FMCG manufacturing operations.
- Work under and cope under pressure and within a fast paced, ever changing environment – to include making decisions with the required amount of urgency.
- Anticipate and identify challenges / problems and owning these through to conclusion.
- Understand factors that affect efficiency (i.e. yields, labour costs, waste, non-conformances, quality systems etc.).
- Demonstrate tangible and sustained KPI improvements.
- Demonstrate strong team building and people management skills – a proven track record of managing and leading large teams.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques, (5s) (fishbone) (PDCA) with experience of rolling out change management programmes.
- Degree [desirable]
- Advance Food Hygiene qualification [Level 3 or above]
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or email@example.com quoting reference GG/8069.