Customer Technical Manager
Come help us Nourish the Nation! Are you an experienced Customer Technical Manager / Site Technical Manager with Food Manufacturing experience?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are one of the largest employers in the Chichester area, employing more than 1,200 talented individuals and we are growing!
So, it's an exciting time to join us, make your mark and be a proud part of our onward journey.
Our employees say it's our people that make NWF a brilliant place to work, come and find out for yourself!
A day in the life of a Customer Technical Manager:
We make delicious salad meals, coleslaw, potato salad, bagged salads and leafy salad bowls. Our products are stocked by leading Retailers, supermarkets & restaurant chains and consumed by millions of customers in the UK, so you may well have eaten something made by us!
You will be pro-actively managing retail customer technical relationships; ensuring all technical needs are met in full and on time, keeping the customer always at the heart, and maintaining trust and integrity.
Work in collaboration and alignment with site technical and commercial teams to deliver and sell in technical initiatives to the customer.
Ensure all technical communication to the customer is joined up and aligned with the business key functions (Commercial, NPD/Process, Operations, Technical and Supply Chain)
Communicate to business all customer technical requirements and requests, challenging where relevant and resolve issues at pace.
Lead the customer QIP/JQP initiatives, ensuring projects are communicated effectively and within the agreed timescales.
Actively manage shelf life extension and increased freshness opportunities internally and with the customer, aligning with QIP/JQP initiative.
Work in collaboration and alignment with site technical teams to deliver a consistent reduction in complaints. Ensure complaint responses are completed in a timely manner with effective root cause analysis.
Manage all technical customer visits to site and within the supply base. Ensure all customer meetings are attended and a summary with next steps/actions communicated and managed within the business.
Working with site technical teams, ensure all customer technical KPI's and scorecards are kept up to date and communicated proactively to the customer on time.
Your key hours will be between 8.30am - 5.30pm. Flexibility will be required on occasion.
Covid update: We can carry out video interviews and all of our sites are Covid secure.
Here's a bit more detail:
- Manage, maintain and develop strong Technical relationships with customers.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives (products, practices, standards and equipment) in consultation with other depts. to improve food safety, quality and adherence to customer requirements.
- Compile and manage quality improvement plans, working with customers on joint improvement initiatives in order to secure business and develop relationships.
- Effective cross functional communication of customer KPI's and relevant communications
- Work closely with site Technical Managers to ensure customer KPIs, scorecards and customer specifications are up to date and stored appropriately.
- Work closely with the Customer Account Managers to communicate technical KPIs and QIPs.
- Attend customer team meetings to identify opportunities for growth using technical expertise and trend data.
- Regular liaison with customers, including trips to customer sites and scheduling regular visits.
- Ensuring all customer requirements are met and all KPI's being achieved.
- Awareness of site budgetary parameters and cost impact
- Ensure the account managers have the correct technical support to aid the commercial running of the relevant customer account.
- Proven track record in managing technical customer relationships, in a food business.
- Factory Technical Management experience.
- Technical Management experience (customer and factory) ideally in short shelf life and high care food manufacturing
- Experience in food safety and quality systems such as HACCP and QMS.
- Degree in Food Science / Food Technology / Agronomy (preferable)
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate
- Customer audit stds (TFMS, MFMS, SQMS, BRC)
- Microbiology background
Your journey with us:
This is a great opportunity to continue your career in Technical Management within an ambitious and fast paced FMCG business.
Your career aspirations will be fully supported and as we continue to grow as a business, so will you.
- Competitive salary & Car Allowance
- Annual company performance bonus.
- Relocation packages available.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 1 day company paid volunteering day.
- We have Mental Health Advocates and a well established wellbeing programme.
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Business casual dress down policy.
- Free parking available across all sites.
Key Words: Customer Technical Manager, Technical Manager, Category Technical Manager, Site Technical Manager, CTM, FMCG, Food Manufacturing, Food Industry, Fresh Food, Fresh Produce #Chichester, #NWF