This is a rare opportunity for a packaging technologist looking to progress and join a fast moving, innovative and successful business producing some of the most popular brands in the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leading manufacturing business. With significant multi-site locations and an established integrated structure across the globe, our client continues to serve UK multiples with an outstanding product catalogue. Producing a number of the UK’s much loved brands, the chances are you own a number of their products which are likely to be sitting in your kitchen cupboards ready to use.
This role supports the Packaging Development Manager on EPD and NPD projects from concept/brief right through to 1st commercial production and in store delivery. Working cross-functionally to identify continuous improvement opportunities as well as to ensure that packaging is proven fit for purpose, optimised for line performance and delivers against the company’s and customer requirements.
- Packaging development (Existing and new development)
- Provide Packaging technical support to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop trial protocols and subsequent testing procedures to prove solutions are fit for purpose
- Utilise supplier resources to ensure optimum use of materials, service and quality
- Prepare Packaging elements of Stage Gate documents and DRC templates
- Develop packaging specifications with suppliers for Management approval
- Artwork approval for technical elements
- Maintain and update Packaging databases, Packaging Specifications, CAPE pallet patterns, cutter guides
- Provide packaging data (weights/recyclability) for related internal & external reports
- Benchmarking packaging & reviewing new products in market
- NPD lead on packaging trials and factory process optimisation
- The candidate should be degree (or equivalent) qualified, ideally in a Packaging or related Scientific field with a minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a packaging development/technologist role.
- Similar experience of a packaging technologist
- This will require travel between office and factory environments
- Knowledge of printing processes, art work and packaging materials
- Strong project management skills
- Good team player, personable and motivating
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.