Location: South East London / Kent
My client, the UK’s largest provider of fresh produce to all major retailers, is looking for a QA Technologist to join their expanding Technical team. They will consider a Food Science Graduate or someone with 1-2 year experience with a relevant Diploma.
- A qualified graduate in a Horticulture, Posthavest, Food Technology or similar fields.
- 12months + experience (either full time or University placement in a food manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Experience of a high care, ready-to-eat environment and preferably with prepared fresh produce
- HACCP, Food Safety qualification would be advantageous
- A hard working and can-do attitude not afraid to roll your sleeves up.
Full training for a fast track through the business will be provided for the right candidate. My client is extremely keen in upskilling!
- Conduct sampling of raw materials in low risk/ high care, finished product, shelf life samples, environmental swabs, listeria swabs, air plates and water samples as per defined frequency
- To accurately register all relevant samples on the lab system prior to the lab collection for the required tests
- Conduct hand swabbing to evaluate hygiene levels in production areas. Inform management/ take corrective actions as required
- Assess the quality of raw materials in order to define the accuracy of intake checks
- Verification of decontamination CCP’s to ensure critical limits are being met Verification of Metal detection start up checks and in production checks
- Due to location, unless extremely location you would need to drive
- Day shift pattern 4/7 to 3/7 rolling
To apply for this exciting opportunity with this brand leading business, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref KG/PWQTC or call me on 0161 832 7463 / 07399 935 170 for a confidential chat.