Dudley- DY2 0UW
Working Hours & Rate
Hours of work will be Mon-Fri 6am-4pm- however, some flexibility may be required.
Rates of pay dependant on experience.
At David Wood Foods we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen 'bake off' and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from seven cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
On top of this we’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to improve the way we do what we do best – bake
As Quality Manager you are responsible for ensuring that food products meet standards set by both the company and regulatory authorities. You may also be required to develop and review quality and safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors.
Part of your daily duties, will include meeting with other managers and inspecting facilities for compliance with standards, determining methods to resolve any issues that arise.
Reviewing customer feedback and respond to any complaints.
Preparing reports on food quality status to relay to owners and upper-level management and may keep records of all tests and inspections that have been conducted.
You must be knowledgeable about all food safety standards that are customary within the food industry and mandated by government regulations. Standards managers are expected to be familiar with include, the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) management system and the standards set by the business and its customers.
- Working towards the implementation of BRC and the QMS to support this.
- Carrying out regular internal audits to ensure all systems and standards are in place.
- Ensuring all products comply with customer specifications
- Lead daily taste panels to verify conformance
- Conduct root cause analysis when necessary
- Attend customer sites audits and agree/amend any issues
- Ensure any direct reports are trained and supported
You will need:
- A strong defined quality background
- Solid experience in implementing BRC and maintenance of the accreditation
- Strong, clear communication and leadership skills
- Experience with dealing with customers/suppliers.
- Problem-solving ability
- Organisational and planning skills
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis desirable
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding and appreciation of other people's work disciplines, such as engineering and science.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement as part of a senior site team.