A leading food manufacturing business with a portfolio of successful indulgent food products is looking for a high calibre Production Manager to join the leadership team on site.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will lead a team of 2 direct reports working alongside a team of talented people to ensure that our products are produced efficiently and safely.
- Managing Production Room Manager and Packaging Manager over a days 2 shift pattern
- Ensure health and safety is at the forefront of all operations
- Responsible for all site activity with respect to producing products.
- Responsible for ensuring both the production and packing departments execute the plan on a daily basis with stock available to fulfil all customer demand.
- Responsible for the scheduling of the factory and daily maintenance tasks
- Manager and motivate the production staff ensuring that they are sufficiently skilled and capable to fulfill the requirements of their roles.
- Conduct daily and weekly production meetings including other departments (maintenance and Engineering).
- Ensure that all technical procedures and policies are robustly adhered to in production. Ensure team conduct regular technical (GMP) audits and liaise closely with the technical team on non-conformance.
- Ensure team maintains high standards of safety within production and actively encourage a safe culture. Conduct regular safely audits in conjunction with the Health, Safety, and Environment Manager
- Ensure that all production shift managers staff maintains high standards of hygiene and housekeeping, adapting a clean-as-you-go philosophy at the end of the shift.
You will have previous experience in immediate line management responsibility for Shift Production Managers and the entire production workforce. A brilliant relationship builder and motivator is critical.
You will also posses
- 3 - 5 years’ management experience within the food industry
- Level 3 food safety
- Level 3 HACCP
- 3 years’ experience with short shelf life, chilled foods
- Experience in ERP systems and shop floor data capture (desirable)
- Competence in Microsoft Excel,
- Competence in Microsoft Word, strong level of written English
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 14852/9fmj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.