Are you an experienced Food Manufacturing Manager with Food FMCG knowledge and exceptional leadership skills?
Come and help us Nourish the Nation!
You will be responsible for one of our food manufacturing sites on the Chichester Food Park in beautiful West Sussex.
We are one of the largest employers in the Chichester area, with 4 manufacturing sites employing more than 1,200 talented individuals.
Our employees say it's our people that make NWF a brilliant place to work, come and find out for yourself!
A day in the life of a Manufacturing Manager:
We make delicious salad meals, coleslaw, potato salad, bagged salads and leafy salad bowls. Our products are stocked by leading Retailers, supermarkets & restaurant chains and consumed by millions of customers in the UK, so you may well have eaten something made by us!
We have 4 sites and as Manufacturing Manager you will have complete responsibility for Production Operations on your site.
Your team will include Production Management and operations teams so you will be overseeing a complex site of up to 200+ people.
You will have strong commercial acumen, ambition and the ability to take your team with you on your journey.
You will need to be passionate about data to drive improvements and champion quality products, never accepting anything less than the best.
You will be supporting our brilliant place to work culture by overseeing the production operation, utilising inspirational leadership skills and driving team engagement with collaborative ways of working.
Your key KPI's will include quality, retention, health and safety, productivity, service levels, yield, labour, meeting customer expectations & manufacturing targets as well as thinking about the future development of the site.
Fresh produce food manufacturing is a fast paced and exciting place to be, we aim to be ahead of the curve and need a forward thinking individual to drive the ambitions of this site forward.
Although it is a 24/7 operational site, your key hours will be between 7am - 4pm. Flexibility may be required on occasion.
Covid update: We can carry out video interviews and all of our sites are Covid secure.
If you are an exceptional leader with FMCG manufacturing experience who wants to make a difference then apply today and let's get the conversation started!
- Clear accountability for delivery of all KPIs for your area
- Fully understand and be able to interpret production and labour data to drive opportunities for improvement
- Accountability for direct reports - Production Team Managers to ensure they deliver KPI's.
- Deliver Service levels of >99.5%.
- Develop and implement a production plan to meet the goals of the site and overall site strategy ensuring all key stakeholders are involved and aligned.
- Deliver perfect product to customers every day
- Accountable for the financial production performance of your site.
- Deliver sustainable production and labour efficiency, while reducing waste.
- Accountable for the optimisation of all aspects of production including Direct and Indirect costs
- Ensure successful launches of new products on time
- Analysis of data to drive Continuous Improvement actions to improve performance and eliminate loss issues including waste and labour.
- Set high standards outlining what good looks like, holding your team accountable whilst supporting and coaching any development needs to drive a high performing team
- Align and lead the Team Managers to ensure they are engaged, high performing and meet KPI's.
- Create a continuous learning culture
- Encourage an environment of support and challenge amongst the team and a sense of pride and passion.
- Responsible for driving the culture of a safe and quality driven workplace.
- Responsible for ensuring an ethically compliant operation that is truly a 'brilliant place to work'.
- Work force planning, FTE and Agency
- Deliver improvement actions and monitor the improvement to sustain the shift in performance
- Work with CI and Engineering to enable an effective and continuously improving operation
- Ongoing participation of continuous improvement and lean projects and promotion of the tools and methodology across the site offering your full support to all initiatives - champion manufacturing excellence strategy for the site.
- Optimisation of labour and planning schedule.
- Thorough analysis of performance data to identify performance gaps, trends and improvement opportunities. Communicate internally and plan / develop improvements.
- Competitive salary
- Annual company performance bonus.
- Relocation packages available.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Company pension.
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 1 day company paid volunteering day.
- We have Mental Health Advocates and a well established wellbeing programme.
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Business casual dress down policy.
- Free parking available across all sites.
Key Words: Factory Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, Manufacturing Operations Manager, Site Manager, Change Manager, Change Management, FMCG, Food Manufacturing, Food Industry, Fresh Food, Fresh Produce #Chichester, #NWF