An opportunity to work in a field based agronomist position in Scotland.
To promote agronomic best practice in order that grower members may become the most technically competent, profitable and aware in the UK industry, and specifically to:
Gain full accreditation and qualification in BASIS and FACTS certification schemes.
Understand and appreciate the overall, holistic, aims of the Advisory Service.
Undertake regular visits to members’ farms to a schedule agreed with each individual member prior to the commencement of each season.
To assist in the provision of agronomic support required by each member selected from the Advisory Service menu:
- Performance and production Benchmarking
- Crop production planning
- Fertiliser and Fertigation recommendations
- Environmental management recommendations
- Crop Husbandry recommendations
- Flower mapping interpretation
- Labour profiling
- Supporting research programmes
- Irrigation recommendations
- Pest and disease monitoring and control recommendations
- Plant health testing
- Substrate analysis and management recommendations
- Taking soil or substrate, plant, leaf or sap samples and providing interpretation and advice from the analysis results returned or plant clinic report.
The above should be recorded and advised in a manner agreed upon by the grower and all remedial applications recommended using the Farmade GateKeeper software provided. To write weekly technical notes for inclusion in a regular in house bulletin, circulated to all grower members via the extranet website. This should cover the most relevant current cultural topics for crops, highlighting particular areas of attention in that relevant period.
To take part in farm walks, meetings and any other such events held to support members and information sharing.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.