This Ayrshire food manufacturer is recruiting a Hygiene Manager.
The ideal candidate will assist the Technical Manager to ensure the BRC standard, legislation, GMP and customer requirements are met and maintained at all times. You will maintain the Hygiene Management System, ensuring trends are identified, reported and corrective action implemented. You will also work on continuous improvement projects within the business. You will work with both Quality Assurance team and Hygiene team to ensure all staff are carrying out duties to best of ability and Company standards.
- Develop and maintain work instructions and cleaning schedules, completing all relevant documentation
- Ensure compliance with internal and external legislation
- Ensure appropriate labour in place as required, and planning/deployment of labour is maintained
- Escalate any issues to the relevant persons
- Lead daily and weekly briefs
- Maintain and improve on hygiene standards and practices
- Control training matrix to make sure all staff are adequately prepared to achieve all targets
- Plan, implement and analyse hygiene policies and Standard Operating Procedures in line with Chemical Suppliers’ requirements
- Always ensure total safety for all working activities.
- Manage stock and contracts for all cleaning products, equipment and related services.
- Maintain hygiene records for training, cleans, testing and investigate and analyse trends.
- Motivate and maximise employee engagement, supporting their training development.
- Plan and assist with audits
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience of working within a technical / quality auditing function within the food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of HACCP, Intermediate Food Hygiene and Microbiology is preferable
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, effective planner, attention to detail and articulate manner
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Assertive in leadership skills
- Computer literate – MS Office, database experience advantageous
Hours of Work – 45 hours on site, 40 hours worked
Salary will be discussed at interview and will be dependent upon experience
Monday to Friday
There will be an 8-week trial period for this role.
Indicative Salary Range: £30000 - 35000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.