(3 month contract initially with possibility of job share thereafter)
• To manage technical standards across all three sites to ensure that food safety, legality and quality standards are met at all times.
• To manage site audits conducted by customers, statutory bodies, third party audit and internal audits in an efficient and timely manner.
• To keep up to date with any legislative changes relating to food and notify all relevant parties.
• To develop, manage, motivate, coach and lead members of the technical team, ensuring compliance to statutory and company requirements are met.
• To be the HACCP team leader and maintain effective HACCP systems.
• To manage complaints, ensuring that they are managed and responded to in a timely manner.
• To manage supplier performance and the approval of new suppliers of ingredients and packaging.
• To ensure up to date product specifications exist for all products and work with suppliers to ensure the accuracy and legality of information provided.
• To participate in the NPD process to provide technical input.
• To develop a strong relationship with customers and be able to present and promote technical excellence.
• To check and approve artworks and they comply with current legislation.
• To coordinate product testing through a sampling programme to verify product quality and safety.
• Degree or equivalent in a food science discipline is preferred
• Technical supervisor/assistant manager/quality assurance role experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of HACCP and BRC
• Ability to prioritise work objectives
• Up to date knowledge of food legislation and its interpretation
• Excellent management skills
• Mandarin or Cantonese would be advantageous