My client is a food manufacturing business making a range of products for a large customer based including Café's, Supermarkets, Travel, and the Education sector.
With over 1000 SKU's they are a fast paced manufacturing business.
Due to planned absence from the business my client requires an experienced Cost Accountant to come in and support the team in their head office in Cheshire.
Hours of work - Monday - Friday days
Contract length - 9-12 months with the possibility of a permanent opportunity at the end for the right person
Reporting into the FD you will work alongside an Assistant Accountant.
Role Profile -
- Manage the SKU costing process within the business, including new product costings and the review of existing products to ensure these are accurate and consistent.
- Providing support to the commercial team regarding any financial matters such as customer performance and margin analysis
- Assisting Project Management teams, applying accurate costing data to validate decision making
- Analysis of product cost changes and associated variance analysis including WIP calculations.
- Drive savings and add value to the business supporting the company's continuous improvement strategy
- Analysis and management of cost and profit centre performance
- Proactively managing financial awareness in various teams to ensure departmental maintenance of stringent financial controls
- Assist with ongoing ERP system implementation
- Support the Financial Director on all aspects of the finance function
To Apply you must be
- An experienced cost accountant within a manufacturing/engineering business, with practical experience in ERP systems (Tropos desirable) and standard costing
- Strong financial and operations analysis experience with a track record of driving business and process improvement
- Strong commercial awareness with an attention to detail and methodical approach
- Advanced IT skills including intermediate excel (pivots, look ups, formulas etc)
- Always committed to providing meaningful and accurate management information, to support the development of the business
This business wants to appoint now so please apply today.
Tel: +44 (0)1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin