We are looking for a Packaging Technologist to join a rapidly expanding business who supply the UK retail trade.OUR CLIENT
is the leading UK independent bottler of wines and spirits, specialising in producing quality own-label wines to the UK Multiple and Convenience Retail Sectors. They believe that the success of their business is dependent upon the skills, attitudes, flexibility and commitment of their employees, so they look to recruit high quality people to work effectively in a strong team-working climate which is innovating and encourages high levels of achievement.
The role will involve providing packaging technical support and assistance to the business.THE PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIST
will co-ordinate the investigation and the follow-up of packaging non-conformances, perform audits of packaging suppliers, manufacturing facilities, and quality systems, and will ensure that all packaging provided in accordance with its specification, and provides the functionality to meet the demands of the bottling programme.Duties
- Drive continuous improvement in packaging
- Reduce the number of packaging non-conformances by proactively working with suppliers on improvements
- Create packaging supplier quality agreements / KPIs
- Work on packaging NPD and qualification
- Ensure supplier approval process is fully adhered to
- Audit packaging suppliers
- To advise business on improvements / developments in packaging
- To advise business on legislative and regulatory requirements pertaining to packaging of the finished product
- To assist sales and marketing in identifying specific customers needs and develop packaging solutions to support these
- To act as point of contact for packaging suppliers technical support staff during focus visits
- To provide technical support and assistance to Operations
- To identify cost reduction opportunities whilst maintaining effective packaging solutions
- To select materials in association with the Supply Development Manager
You will need:
- A minimum of two years Packaging Technology experience, dealing with issues in a food manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of successfully working with packaging materials from a technical viewpoint
If this job is of interest and you would like to investigate further, apply TODAY!"
Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants."