Role: Raw Materials Manager
Location: Tyne and Wear
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Raw Materials Manager to join a top UK food manufacturer that supplies premium quality products to a wide range of customers.
The main purpose of this Raw Materials Manager positions is to lead technical supplier management of all raw materials used on site through robust supplier relationships establishing clear agreed specifications and ensuring all standards and KPIs are met.
In this Raw Materials Manager position you will report directly into the Technical Manager and be responsible for:
- Manage all aspects of the supplier approval process.
- Undertake audits of existing and prospective new suppliers ensuring all company and customer technical requirements are in place and met.
- Ensure that all supplier complaints are investigated and remedial actions are in place and implemented to the satisfaction of the business.
- The development, re-writing and updating of the Quality Management System
- Generate technical KPI information, trend and highlight issues and develop action plans and improvements.
- Root cause analysis and corrective actions.
As the ideal candidate for this Raw Materials Manager role you will be a Graduate with a degree within Food Science or related subject and already work within a Quality Systems Manager capacity. You will have in-depth knowledge of HACCP, BRC and Food Labelling as well as being highly organised, self-motivated, forward thinking and have excellent managerial skills.
This is a great job in a fast-moving business for a talented and ambitious technical professional.
If you are interested in this role please either apply via this advert or call Henderson Brown on 01733 235 111
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.