Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst
Location: Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire
One of our delicious Gü Puds is eaten every second somewhere in the world.
In the UK, Gü is now the number one premium dessert brand with well over 20% market share, while in France and Germany Gü is the second largest premium chilled dessert brand.
Find out more about Gü’s mission to blow the minds of pleasure seekers everywhere, transforming sweet moments into explosions of pleasure at: www.gupuds.com
Working for an international food business in their Supply Chain department this position is working as a customer advisor and forecaster, you will be responsible for all aspects of home supply chain including developing relationships with customers, factories and forecasting.
This position requires someone to be able to understand supply chain within a manufacturing environment, demand is a large part of this role as you will be deciding quantities that need to be delivered throughout UK & Europe.
Fantastic opportunities to progress at a very exciting time for our client.
- Long Term Sales Forecast, Published once a month as part of the S&OP process
- Monthly Forecast Reports
- Case analysis (by packing line and market) for sales meeting & logistics costs
- Launches, Delists and Promotions Summary;
- Co-ordinate stock and logistics for marketing activities
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function;
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results;
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions;
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers;
- Utilise a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts;
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organisation in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs; and closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
- Work with Third Party Manufacturing Partners to meet Service Level targets though supplied product
- Attend International market meetings to control the above action.
Ideally degree educated with an analytical approach.
Someone with experience working with data / forecasting.
Strong communication skills and the ability to manage a variety of relationships.
Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint / Excel.
The Analyst should:
- Challenge the sales forecasts with the sales team especially if they differ from previous promotions with the same mechanic/ distribution.
- Monitor activities once it they have started and highlight variances where they differ from the sales forecast and identify potential service issues or wastage issues thereon.
- Publish both retail and sales forecast accuracy by SKU, account & market.
- Publish relevant documents and information after lock down.
- Prepare presentations for review
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv. Quoting reference 3049/178
Please be aware that all third party and direct applications will be forward to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Nicky Stapleton, Veritas Partnership Ltd and not fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details