**Flexible working Pattern required working 5 days ,Tuesday-Saturday,+ cover.
We are an ambitious growing company and aren’t stopping any time soon! As a family business who have built a very well respected and adored brand (This is from our Fantastic customers), we are now looking to recruit a Production Manager.
We pride ourselves with creating a good working environment and at the heart of this is our people. We have worked hard to create a stable group of production operatives who share our passion for producing a consistent product. You will play a key role in helping the business to maintain this culture.
It is a fantastic time to join our team. We are just completing a major capital investment which will future proof our production volumes.
Here are some of the must haves to work for this innovative company:
- Fresh chilled experience
- This is a highly visible position and not for lightweights!
- Experience with executing significant change
Reporting directly into the Director of Operations, your role is to lead, develop and manage the shift team, through the Area team leaders to consistently deliver a high quality product, in an efficient and cost effective manner and in a safe and hygienic environment. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the Production area whilst on shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure defined production standards are met
- Motivate and lead the team to deliver the production plan
- Ensure customer service levels & KPI’s are consistently achieved
- Ensure all hazards are identified, the risks assessed and all control measures implement and maintained
- Contribute and fully support the Company Health and Safety Policy
- Lead, develop, inspire and motivate the team to attain performance improvement and drive and upward improvement in the skills and performance of all direct reports
- Liaise with the Technical & Quality Control team to identify quality issues, ensuring all investigations are thorough and appropriate action is taken and recorded with preventative measures in place
- Maintaining compliance against internal and customer audit requirements
- Maintain work areas in accordance with world class manufacturing standards of hygiene
- Control and reduce material wastage usage levels
- Measure and analyse downtime and implement corrective actions
- Ensure Company Discipline and Grievance Procedures are followed including conducting investigations, chairing grievance and disciplinary hearings.
- Previous Food FMCG management experience
- BRC AA / Red tractor experience
- HACCP level 2 / Food Safety level 2
- Proven people management experience
- Experience in driving the Health & Safety culture
- Continuous improvement
- Managing KPI’s and adherence
- Preparing and supporting the business for audits by major retailers and Third parties.
- Be hands on, flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills.